MD Applebee's Restaurants Raise Millions To Fight Childhood Cancer
MARYLAND - Maryland Applebee's restaurants have helped raise millions to fight childhood cancer, the chain announced recently.
These locations contributed to the fundraiser:
- Aberdeen (991 Beards Hill Road)
- Baltimore (6798 Reisterstown Road)
- Catonsville (6505 Baltimore National Pike)
- Easton (8999 Ocean Gateway)
- Gambrills (2408 Brandermill Blvd.)
- Nottingham (5231 Campbell Blvd.)
- Salisbury (2703 N. Salisbury Blvd.)
- Towson (8610 LaSalle Road)
- Westminster (634 Baltimore Blvd.)
The fundraiser benefits Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation, a nonprofit that funds pediatric cancer research and family support programs.
The Rose Group, which owns nine Maryland Applebee's locations, has partnered with Alex's Lemonade Stand since 2005.
The Rose Group on Oct. 19 announced that it eclipsed $5 million in donations to Alex's Lemonade Stand.
The announcement followed The Rose Group's annual golf outing at Talamore Country Club in Ambler, Pennsylvania.
With this year's tournament on June 6, the golf outing has now raised more than $1 million since its debut in 2007.
"We are incredibly grateful to everyone who participated in our 16th Annual Golf Outing and contributed to this significant milestone," The Rose Group CEO Jeff Warden said in a press release. "The generosity and dedication of our sponsors, participants, and volunteers at this annual event over the years, has made a lasting impact on the lives of children battling cancer."
Alex's Lemonade Stand Co-Executive Directors Jay and Liz Scott thanked The Rose Group for its partnership.
"The commitment of organizations like The Rose Group is instrumental in our mission to find a cure for childhood cancer," the Scotts said in the release. "The $1 million raised from this event, and $5 million raised in total, will enable us to fund critical research projects, bringing us one step closer to a world without childhood cancer."
More information on Alex's Lemonade Stand is posted at alexslemonade.org.
The Rose Group owns 49 Applebee's locations spread across Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
To learn more about The Rose Group, visit myrosegroup.com.
More News from Edgewater
- Vaccine Exemptions Up In MD, Reach Record High Nationwide: CDC Childhood vaccine exemptions are up in Maryland, the CDC said. Some experts think the pandemic-era politicization of medicine may be a reason.
- 4 New Businesses Opening Soon At Annapolis Town Center Four new businesses are opening soon at the Annapolis Town Center. The openings include a healthy restaurant and a popular makeup store.