Greek Restaurant Reopens In Edgewater 2 Years After Tornado Damages Annapolis Eatery
EDGEWATER, MD - Chris's Charcoal Pit reopened for takeout and delivery this week in Edgewater.
The Greek restaurant was located in Annapolis for decades until a tornado destroyed its building on West Street 2 years ago. The eatery had been closed ever since.
That all changed when Chris's Charcoal Pit announced its opening in The Market South River Colony shopping center.
The restaurant will not have dine-in service at first, but it plans to eventually open its dining room after settling in.
The Chris's Charcoal Pit website had this announcement when Patch checked Tuesday morning.
Dear customers, friends and neighbors, we would like to thank you all for being patient with us!
We are happy to announce that we will be re-opening at our new location this week (09/11- 09/15/2023). We will first open for take-out (taking orders through our website) and delivery (through DoorDash & GrubHub) while we train and get used to the new location.
We will soon announce our "Grand re-opening" !
The restaurant's new address is 3283 Solomon's Island Road.
The new eatery will span nearly 3,700 square feet, a permit posted outside the business said during construction.
Chris's Charcoal Pit fills the vacancy left by Hong Kong Buffet.
Customers can visit chrischarcoalpit.com for more information.
The EF-2 tornado reached wind speeds of 125 mph while traveling from Edgewater to Annapolis and causing 3,924 power outages. In the state capital, the twister temporarily displaced 38 residents and left:
- 5 buildings destroyed
- 25 condemned
- 29 with major damage
- 46 with minor damage
Chris's Charcoal Pit was in the center of the storm, and its former location at 1946 West St. was destroyed.
The business stayed afloat thanks to government grants and a GoFundMe that raised $33,000 for the restaurant.
- Annapolis Tornado Grants Awarded To 3 Rebuilding Businesses
- Anne Arundel Tornado Victims Now Eligible For Grants From MD
- 4 Annapolis Businesses, 1 Church Get $5K To Recover From Tornado
- Fall Festival Fundraiser Will Help Edgewater Tornado Victims
- Grants Available For Anne Arundel Businesses Affected By Storms
- Ida Disaster Relief Office To Open In Anne Arundel After Tornado
- More Ida Relief Announced For MD Businesses, Residents
- Ida Tornado: Hogan Offers $4M In Aid To Residents, Businesses
- Federal Relief Money Denied After Anne Arundel Tornado: Report
- Concert For Tornado Victims Raises $10K
- Annapolis Tornado Leaves Businesses, Locals In Need Of Donations
- Tornado Can Shake Store, But Not Determination Of Business Owner
- Annapolis Tornado Town Hall To Help Residents Wednesday
- Tornado Wind Speeds Hit 125 MPH On Path To Annapolis, Edgewater
- Anne Arundel Tornado Cleanup Prompts State Of Emergency
- Annapolis Tornado: Dozens Of Homes, Commercial Buildings Damaged
- Tornado Damages Annapolis Businesses, South River Stadium
More News from Edgewater
- Vaccine Exemptions Up In MD, Reach Record High Nationwide: CDC Childhood vaccine exemptions are up in Maryland, the CDC said. Some experts think the pandemic-era politicization of medicine may be a reason.
- 4 New Businesses Opening Soon At Annapolis Town Center Four new businesses are opening soon at the Annapolis Town Center. The openings include a healthy restaurant and a popular makeup store.