School is back in swing and schedules are already getting packed with events. Patch wants to be there for all of the exciting news this school year brings—but I need your help.
To make sure you get the most out of Patch this school year, I invite you to get active in the news-gathering process. There are five things you can do to make sure your school and its students get all the coverage they deserve from Patch:
- Let us know about big events and accomplishments—If you have a school-related story idea you’d like us to cover, let us know about it! Just email Patch editor Jonathan Moynihanwith the details and who I should contact for more information about the story idea.
- Become a sports team fan correspondent—South River and Southern high schools both have reveared sports programs. There are hundreds of active parents, but only one of me. So to help give Patch coverage to as many teams as possible, become a Local Voice Team Correspondent by writing short post-game recaps and sharing scores. Interested? Email me at email@example.com.
- Add your event listings—Have an upcoming band performance? Is your school hosting an open house? Just add the news to our event calendar. We invite you to add calendar events for your school, its extracurricular activities, clubs, PTA and more.
- Post your announcements—Want to let us know about a student, school or teacher accomplishment? Let everyone hear the news by posting your own announcement and photos.
- Sign up for the newsletter—Want to find out what’s happening in area schools? Keep up with Patch every morning by signing up for our newsletter. We’ll mail you the top headlines every morning.
Recent School Headlines: