Eight Edgewater, Davidsonville and south county teachers are among 52 educators to be honored at the 27th annual Excellence in Education banquet in April. At the conclusion of the banquet, the winners for Teacher of the Year will be announced.
On April 29, Anne Arundel County Public Schools (AACPS) and the Annapolis & Anne Arundel County Chamber of Commerce will celebrate the accomplishments of the areas top educators at the BWI Marriott in Linthicum.
The following local teachers were nominated by their schools and school communities:
- Denise Augustine, Central Elementary School
- Lori-Ann Balzano, Davidsonville Elementary School
- Danielle Bender, Mayo Elementary School
- Lisa Burns, Deale Elementary School
- Jessica Francis Caldwell, Southern Middle School
- Debora Coates Consugar, The Summit School
- Christopher Kick, Central Middle School
- Jodie Stugard-Hogan, South River High School
According to a press release, the event will also honor local businesses that have forged critical partnerships with schools across the county, directly benefiting 77,000 students who attend AACPS.
At the conclusion of the banquet, the winner for 2013 Anne Arundel County Public and Private School Teachers of the Year will be announced. The Public School Teacher of the Year will represent the county in the Maryland State Teacher of the Year competition.
“This is truly a great opportunity to recognize teachers throughout our system and from private schools who go to incredible lengths every day to help children,” said Superintendent Kevin Maxwell in the release. “It is also a chance to thank businesses in our school communities who do so much to create incredible opportunities for our students.”
Click here to see the complete list of teachers nominated.