One out of seven liquor retailers recently checked by Anne Arundel County Police in the western part of the county reportedly violated the law by selling liquor to someone under the legal age, police say.
On May 7, members of the Western District Tactical Patrol Unit, with the assistance of a person under the age of 21, conducted Operation S.A.V.E. (Selective Alcohol Violation Enforcement) to check compliance of county liquor laws.
Seven businesses were checked for underage liquor sales, and six of them followed the law, police said, and did not sell alcohol to the minor.
The one business that allegedly sold alcohol in violation of the law was Davidsonville Wine & Spirits, 1334 Davidsonville Road in Crofton.
The following businesses did not sell alcohol to an underage person:
- Waugh Chapel Liquors, 2646 Chapel Lake Drive in Gambrills
- 424 Wine & Spirits, 2046 Davidsonville Road in Crofton
- Crofton Liquors,1641 Route 3 North in Crofton
- R&V Liquors, 1286 Route 3 South in Crofton
- Hops & Vines, 8743 Piney Orchard Parkway in Odenton
- Telegraph Station Liquor Mart, 7741 Telegraph Road in Severn