An Edgewater firefighter, along with five other members of the Anne Arundel County Fire Department, were honored at a promotion ceremony on Thursday.
Edgewater firefighter Michael J. Pfaltzgraff, who has served for 14 years, was promoted to captain during the ceremony, according to a release.
Fire Chief John Robert Ray honored the five firefighters who were promoted to the rank of captain and lieutenant at an official ceremony acknowledging their years of hard work, dedication and sacrifice.
“This is a major step for these individuals who will now have a supervisory, or an increased level of managerial responsibility, over other emergency responders of our department, said Ray.
The following Anne Arundel County Firefighters were honored in the ceremony:
- Timothy M. Kernan, Captain, Pasadena, 14 years of service
- Michael J. Pfaltzgraff, Captain, Edgewater, 14 years of service
- Patrick J. Carmody, Lieutenant, Manchester, 20 years of service
- Robert J. Cornell, Lieutenant, Baltimore, 7 years of service
- Jesse J. Spencer, Lieutenant, Baltimore, 7 years of service