A program called Operation Feeks' Fires has been introduced to honor the fallen Edgewater Navy SEAL who was killed in Afghanistan.
Special Warfare Operator 1st Class when his helicopter crashed while fighting insurgents in southern Afghanistan.
Since his passing, Operation Feeks' Fires has begun. According to its website, the program "provides Kindle Fire devices to combat veterans with invisible wounds (PTSD)" and is not limited to just military personnel in the hospital.
Operation Feeks' Fires has the following eligibility requirements:
- Combat veterans wounded emotionally and suffering from PTSD.
- Provision of DD Form 214 (Report of Separation) or Military Campaign medal is required.
For more information on Operation Feeks' Fires or to fill out an application visit the website.
- Edgewater Navy SEAL Killed in Afghanistan
- Wounded Vet Fundraiser to Honor Fallen Navy SEAL's Family
- Patrick Feeks to be Honored at Seahawks Football Game
- MORE PHOTOS: Edgewater Honors Fallen Navy SEAL Patrick Feeks