Update: 4/11/2010: The Reel Deli has closed.
You could stand on a corner and look around until a restaurant sign draws you in. But we've got a better idea. Each week, Edgewater Patch picks a great restaurant either in town or nearby that is worth checking out. Here's this week's choice:
The Reel Deli sits in a nondescript mini-mall on Solomon's Island Road. Inside, handmade hot and cold sandwiches, fresh salads, and homemade soups will please any craving you have for breakfast or lunch.
We like the "Out in 5" breakfast sandwich, a scrambled egg, bacon and cheese sandwich on toasted bread. For $2.99, it is the perfect thing to eat at one of the high top tables, or to take on the road.
The deli offers daily specials and a children's menu. Offsite catering is available.
Lunch favorites include: homemade chicken salad, Thomas Point club sandwich, homemade meatball parmesan, old yimer BLT, and hand-cut Idaho potato fries.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 6:30 am - 3pm; Sat, 7am - 3pm, Sun, closed in winter
- Payments accepted: MasterCard, Discover, Visa, Cash, Debit Card
- Food & dining options: Organic, Low calorie, Gluten-free, Vegetarian, Natural, Vegan, Kosher
- General services: Catering, Phone orders, Prepared foods, Eat-in, Take-out
- Parking: Free lot
- Cuisine: Philly Steaks, Sandwiches, Vegetarian/Vegan, American, Italian
- Price level: $
- Features: Catering, Lunch, Breakfast, Group-friendly