For those of you who started a New Year's weight-loss regimen Jan. 1—avert your eyes, read no more—this article will likely derail your efforts.
You're still reading? OK then...
On Jan. 2, Greene Turtle restaurants, all 28 of them, unveiled new stuffed burgers.
The burgers will each cost $9.99 and will come with chips, although the Greene Turtle Facebook is offering a coupon for $5.99 to print out and take to the restaurant. They will also offer a loyal customer card so that you can buy four stuffed burgers and get a fifth one for free.
- The Spicy Jack: Stuffed with jalapeño, pepper jack and cheddar cheeses, then topped with fresh sliced avocado, corn salsa, and a cilantro ranch dressing.
- The Pep & Cheese: Stuffed with pepperoni, fresh basil, and provolone cheese, then topped with marinara, roasted red peppers, and crispy onion straws.
- The Bacon & Cheddar: Stuffed with smoked bacon and cheddar cheese, then topped with sautéed mushrooms, crispy onion straws, A-1 steak sauce, and a creamy horseradish sauce.
- The Ham & Cheese: Stuffed with smoky pit ham and Swiss cheese, then topped with a crispy fried pickle chips and a Dijon mayonnaise.
In March, they'll unveil a stuffed burger bracket, where customers will decide the best version of a new stuffed burger. There will be four stuffed burgers available to vote on, each two quarter-pound patties with "stuff" in between.
Edgewater's in the South River Colony Marketplace shopping center at the intersection of Maryland Routes 2 and 214 will participate in the fun.
The voting will run alongside March Madness. The winning burger will appear on all Greene Turtle menus permanently.
To accompany their new stuffed burgers, they are offering stuffed beers—beer-blended drinks. They are:
- The Irish Float: Guinness, Bacardi Oakheart Rum and vanilla ice cream topped with chocolate syrup, served with a spoon.
- The Royal Stella: Stella Artois, Crown Royal and Smirnoff blueberry Vodka on ice.
- The Pennsylvania OJ: Yuengling lager, Smirnoff orange vodka and orange juice on ice.
- The Belgian Sunrise: Belgian White Ale, Chambord and pineapple juice on ice.
The fun starts on Jan. 2 when Greene Turtle opens at 11 a.m. The stuffed burgers and stuffed beers will be available for lunch and/or dinner.
Editor's Note: This story has been updated to reflect that the voting for the burgers coincides with March Madness basketball brackets.