Anne Arundel Schools made the call just after 8 p.m. Tuesday night, making Wednesday the second snow day of the week.
Here's an updated list of closings and delays for Wednesday, Jan. 22:
- School will be closed Wednesday for all students, with a Code Red in effect for employees, according to the AACPS website. Unit III employees should report for work as required.
- Wednesday's board of education meeting has also been canceled.
- The Anne Arundel County government will open at 10 a.m. Wednesday, with a liberal leave policy in effect. All emergency personnel must report at the regular time.
- Anne Arundel County senior centers and activity centers will be closed Wednesday, though the Pascal Senior Activity Center on 125 Dorsey Road in Glen Burnie will be open as a warming center from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Anne Arundel County Community College is closed Wednesday.
- Anne Arundel County Public Libraries will be closed on Wednesday. Fines will not be collected this day.
- UMD and Bowie State University will both open at noon Wednesday.
- The federal government will open at 10 a.m. Wednesday. Employees may take unscheduled leave or unscheduled telework.
This post will be updated as more weather related delays and closings are announced.
As a reminder, here's how the school system generally makes the call on inclement weather closings and delays, and how they notify parents:
- Between 3 a.m. and 4:30 a.m.: School system Transportation Division crews are out assessing road conditions throughout the county, treating roads and school lots and consulting with state and county agencies on conditions.
- By 4:45 a.m., the superintendent or designee uses information gathered to make a determination about delaying, closing or opening schools on time
- At around 4:50 a.m., media outlets are notified and email/text message notifications to parents and staff are sent.
- About 30 minutes later, automated calls are made to an approved list.