As a special treat for your furry friends, this year Davidsonville-based Dogwood Acres Pet Retreat will be offering homemade "pupsicles" to cool down overheated pups, as well as goodie bags for pooch parents, and be raffling off a gift basket.
Erin Bogan, marketing coordinator at Dogwood Acres, said the local business is excited to participate in the event this year.
"Who doesn’t love to spend the summer poolside—and to have a chance to do that with your pup… that’s such a great opportunity and we can’t wait to see the happy dogs with waggin’ wet tails after a dip in the pool," she wrote in an email.
The Annual Dog Day Swim will take place from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Sept. 4 at Truxtun Park Pool, located at 251 Pump House Rd. in Annapolis. The cost is $10 per dog, payable at the time of the event. Proceeds will benefit the Annapolis Recreation and Parks Scholarship Fund.
In order to participate, dogs and owners must meet the following requirements as stated in a press release issued by Annapolis Recreation and Parks:
- Well-behaved dogs over the age of 6 months old are welcome
- No dogs in heat
- Owners need to provide current proof of vaccination certification before dog is allowed in pool
- Owners are responsible for any mess created by their dog
- One dog per human for adequate supervision
- For their own safety, no children under 6