What's Going On: Toys for Tots, Craft Fair
Here's a smattering of local events and announcements posted on Edgewater-Davidsonville Patch this week.
- Toy Run: Hogs & Heroes Foundation—Local Hogs for Heroes members are collecting new, unwrapped toys to benefit children that may not be getting Christmas presents this year.
- Woodland Beach Volunteer Firefighters Offer Relief for First Responders in NY, NJ —See how local firefighters and paramedics helped those most greatly affected by Superstorm Sandy.
- AAUW Book Sale Organizers Send ‘Thank You’ to Community—The Anne Arundel County Branch of the American Association of University Women thanked the community and volunteers for their support of their book sale. They sent a special thanks to all our members who worked long hours to prepare for the event before Superstorm Sandy hit and continued to work throughout the sale. The money raised will help the group’s efforts to support local women continue their education.
- Craft Lovers are Needed for Special Christmas Mission Effort—People who love making crafts are invited to help in a special effort to benefit a mission to help children this Christmas. The event is in Shady Side on Dec. 1, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- South River Holiday Craft Fair— On Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. the local high school will host its Holiday Craft Fair to benefit its media center renovation project. In an effort to update technology and renovate its existing space, South River’s craft fair seeks to use crafts, gifts and a silent auction to increase fundraising efforts.