POLL: What's Your Favorite New Business of 2012?
Lots of small businesses opened around Edgewater and Davidsonville in 2012—ranging from frozen yogurt to carpet cleaning.
Politicians always say that small businesses are the life-blood of any economy. The same can be said for Edgewater-Davidsonville Patch, and basically any Patch site for that matter.
I loved covering local business in 2012. Whether businesses were opening or closing, I did my best to report it to you all as quickly as possible.
Thankfully, as the economy slowly recovered, we saw dozens of new shops open up around Edgewater, Davidsonville and south county. Here are some of the larger small business articles I did during 2012...
- Davidsonville Firefighter Swaps Water Hoses for Carpet Cleaning
- Independent Grocer, Christopher's, Finds Essence of 'Local'
- Strong is the New Skinny: CrossFit Hits Edgewater
- Man Leaves Manhattan Life to Start Hot Dog Stand
- Edgewater's Newest Cupcake Shop Thrives on Flavor, Faith
- Sweet Frog Offers Hip, Healthy Dessert Alternative
- Plazuelas Finally Selling Beer, Liquor
- Edgewater Shop Creates Veteran’s ‘Dream Ride’
After going over all the stories, now I want to know which ones have proven to be town favorites.
Some of the new businesses in our poll opened right before Jan. 1, 2012, while others opened just a few weeks ago. Regardless, vote in my poll and tell me which local business was your favorite in 2012!
After a few days of voting, I'll announce the winner.