You could stand on a corner and look around until a restaurant sign draws you in. But we've got a better idea. Each week, Edgewater Patch picks a great restaurant either in town or nearby that is worth checking out. Here's this week's choice:
Wharfside Bar & Grill features a full bar, draught beer, sandwiches, burgers and entrees and a kid-friendly menu. One of our favorites is their French Onion Soup, which is on the regular menu, and has the deep flavor of nicely carmelized onions. Another highlight is the breakfast—get pancakes and french toast, or cream-chipped beef and sausage gravy over buttery biscuits.
In addition, the restaurant offers a nice selection of salads and daily specials. The service is friendly and prompt, and most evenings the owners can be found on-site, ensuring that everything is running smoothly.
On Saturday nights, Wharfsde offers live music in the evening, and in nice weather, an enclosed patio opens for dining.
Weekends, there is a full service brunch.
- Hours: Tue - Wed, 11am - 10pm; Thu, 11am - 11pm; Fri - Sat, 8am - 11pm; Sun, 8am - 1:30pm; Mon, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp is located on the east side of the building.
- Payments accepted: MasterCard, Discover, Visa, Debit Card, Cash, American Express
- General services: Take-out, Eat-in
- Signature dishes: French onion soup, Cream of crab soup, french dip, burgers
- Price level: $$
- Number of tables: 15
- Features: Dinner, Live Entertainment, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor seating, Group-friendly, Kids' Menu
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Fun
- Dress code: Casual
- Beer Types: Domestic, Craft, Imported, Microbrew