13 New Teachers Coming to South River High
One new educator came as far as San Deigo to be a part of the Seahawk staff.
Thirteen new teachers are coming to South River High for the upcoming school year, with one traveling as far as San Diego for the job.
South River High Assistant Principal George Beaumont sent Patch a list of the new additions to the Seahawks’ staff. The 13 educators will be teaching a variety of subjects including art, tech-ed, social studies, science, dance, math and English.
Nathan Burd, a science teacher, traveled some 3,000 miles for the new job after he previously taught in San Diego, Beaumont said.
The majority of new teachers at South River High came from Anne Arundel County Public Schools (AACPS). Besides Burd, only English teacher Emily Rospigliosi taught outside the county—in the Prince George’s school system.
Here is a run down of each teacher and where they’re coming from:
- John Blondell, art teacher—last school: Old Mill High
- Nathan Burd, science—taught in San Diego last year
- Meredith Martin, science—last school: Chesapeake High
- Colin Campbell, social studies—last school: Annapolis Middle
- Zachary Cohen, technical education—new teacher
- Ryan Bucklad, technical education—new teacher
- Mattie Fenton, dance (physical education)—long-term substitute at South River High last year
- Kimberly Milligan, math—last school: Northeast High
- Sarah Rodrigue, math—last school: Meade High
- Emily Rospiglios—English—taught in Prince George’s County in 2010-2011
- Michael Wasilenko—English—last school: Meade High
- John Zelezen—English—last school: Glen Burnie High
- Alison Grava—English—last school: Arundel High